BOTOX Cosmetic Candidates
Continually ranked as one of the most popular aesthetic treatments performed each year, BOTOX® Cosmetic can often be an excellent option for reducing various signs of aging to achieve a rejuvenated facial appearance. Designed to diminish the activity of muscles responsible for creating wrinkles, this injectable solution can help minimize lines around the eyes, furrows between the eyebrows, and creases along the forehead. In addition to having one or more of these concerns, candidates for BOTOX® injections should also:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be in good overall health
- Have realistic expectations for the outcome of treatment
- Not be pregnant or nursing
- Though rare, some individuals may experience an allergic reaction to the BOTOX® Cosmetic formula. In the event an allergy is identified, a different technique – such as dermal fillers – can often be recommended to provide you with an effective alternative.
If you are interested in this popular cosmetic injectable, my advice is to seek the expertise of a Fellowship-trained facial plastic surgeon who has demonstrable results with BOTOX® injections. A physician of this caliber should have the credentials and experience necessary to not only determine if BOTOX® Cosmetic is right for you, but also to perform the treatment with an optimal degree of safety and precision for exceptional results.